Thank you for registering for the Chicago Triathlon TRIPLE CHALLENGE! Since it is a unique race, we have outlined below important information and some tips to assist you with your race. Please take the time to read all of this information carefully.
· You will receive 2 yellow swim caps - one for each race day.
· Triple Challenge participants will race in the following waves:
SuperSprint Race Wave #24, 25, 26 10:05 - 10:11 AM Start Foster Beach
International Race Wave #1 6:00 AM Start Monroe Harbor
Sprint Race Wave #54 9:45 AM Start Monroe Harbor
If you have any questions, you can contact us via email at ChicagoTripleChallenge@gmail.com or call us.
We look forward to seeing you race weekend!
Carlene (312-330-2977) and David (312-608-9256)
What your Triple Challenge weekend schedule will look like
Friday, August 23rd:
1. Attend one of the mandatory course talks on Friday at the Expo or at the August 20th Swim Clinic at Ohio Street Beach.
2. Pickup your Triple Challenge athlete packet at the Triple Challenge Booth at the Expo.
Saturday, August 24th:
3. Complete the SuperSprint race on Saturday at Foster Avenue Beach.
· This location is 7 miles north of the Sunday race site. There are no shuttles.
· You will have to make your own arrangements to get to and from this race.
4. Check your bike into transition on Saturday afternoon between 2-7pm and place it on the Triple Challenge rack. (Not mandatory, but highly encouraged.)
Sunday, August 25th:
5. Arrive at transition early (4am) to ensure enough time for setup and to make it to the International swim start.
6. Setup your main transition area, collect all your swim gear in your triple valet bag (provided in your packet) and proceed to the Triple Challenge area at swim exit.
7. Leave transition by 5:15am at the latest. It is approximately a ¾ mile walk from the transition area to the swim start.
8. Stop at the Triple Challenge swim exit area on your way to the swim start, familiarize yourself with the swim exit and how to get into the Triple Challenge area. Leave your triple valet bag here in number sequence and proceed to swim start with your swim gear. Swim start is 6am.
9. Complete the International (Olympic) distance swim and proceed to the Triple Challenge swim exit area. Place all swim gear you want for the Sprint swim in the triple valet bag and close it. Leave the bag in the Triple Challenge swim exit area, proceed to transition and complete your International race.
10. Upon completion of the International distance, proceed directly to the Triple Challenge swim entry area (walk east down Balbo Ave towards the lake), where your swim gear will be waiting for you.
11. Collect your swim gear and place your running gear into the triple valet bag and close it.
12. Place the valet bag in the transport containers for transport to the Triple Challenge swim exit area. Please complete this process as soon after the International race as possible.
13. Proceed to the Sprint swim start and complete the Sprint swim. The Triples Sprint wave starts at 9:45am. If you are not there ready to begin your race by 9:50am, you will not be allowed to start your Sprint race. You must also exit the swim course by 10:15am, or you will not be allowed to continue with your Sprint race.
14. At Sprint swim exit, proceed to the Triple Challenge swim exit area and collect your triple valet bag with your running gear. Proceed to transition with your swimming and running gear and finish the Sprint distance race. All of your belongings should go back to transition with you at this point
15. After the Sprint race, stop by the Triple Challenge finish tent for your 2019 Triple Challenge jacket and the infamous Potbelly cookie you earned. Any gear left in the swim exit area will be transported to the Triple Challenge finish tent following the swim exit cutoff at 10:15am.
16. Cash in your drink ticket and visit the athlete food area.
17. Proceed to transition to collect your bicycle and other gear.
Copyright © 2021 Kevin Whaley Racing - a Whaley Properties LLC. OZ Bike Fit and OZ Endurance Coaching is an official licensee of OZ® Ventures LLC. The OZ® Trademark, for use with Cycling and Endurance Sports, is granted for use to Whaley Properties LLC in the OZ® Bike Fit and OZ® Endurance Coaching names and logos. - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by kshark140.6 Design